Having a website with a unique domain is something that you want as it shows your identity and your site. So far, how to choose and buy a good domain is one of popular topics among webmaster.
Here are some tips on choosing a good domain for your site. By following these tips, I hope you will be better in planning your website.
1. Choose a domain name that corresponds to your name or your business – When you create a website/blog for promotional purposes, it will be better for you to choose a domain name that is associated with the product being sold. We recommend that you do keyword research first before choosing a domain name. You must ensure that your domain name contains keywords that relate to your business.
2. Choose a domain name that is easy to remember – Use domain that is easy to say, be understood, and be remembered. When you tell someone your domain name verbally, for example via telephone, too long domain name would be difficult to remember, thus decreasing the number of potential visitors.
3. If possible, avoid the addition of words or characters that do not need to be on your
domain – For example the use of hyphens, numbers, or additional letters. It can worsen the
position of the domain in the search results.
4. Buy domain only from trusted domain seller
5. Try to buy aged domain.
The Aged Domain
The website publisher and the website developer must have realized the importance of SEO (Search Engine Optimization) The following are some points you should be aware when developing a website to increase the number of visitors:
1. Aged domain is a domain that has at least 1 year of age. How can you know your domain’s age? You can use what called “Domain Age Checker Tool”.
2. Aged website is a website along with its domain has had more than one year of age in filling its articles. In other words, the most important thing is the future’s content.
3. Aged domain can be assumed to have no effect in the eye of SEO as the aged domain does not mean have the content/niche needed and valuable in the eye of the search engines.
4. Aged domain has effects if its content/niche has been recognized by search engines through articles contained therein.
5. When you buy aged domain that has many backlinks but forward it by creating different content/niche (from the previous), it will not be a helpful way. You just accelerate the search engine’s index, not the results of the SERP (Search Engine Result Page). Otherwise, aged domain without many backlinks is useless.
So it can be concluded to get the maximum SEO, you need aged domain with many relevant backlinks that are useful for further development. You can’t just buy old domain and then update content /niche without any relevance of the previous content/niche. What you need to do is to continue writing relevant articles as well as relevant backlinks.